Monday, December 29, 2008

Resolution Revolution

In deep pondering over the last few days it has occurred to me that i have unintentionally accomplished my new years resolutions over the last three years.

2006- The year i I resolved to not have a resolution. So i suppose this was an easy one to complete. I'm not sure if it was lack of originality, or just being fed up with being a failure in all my past resolutions. Check!

2007- The year i resolved to quit smoking. I may have checked it off on December 27th of that year, coming in at the last minute and milking every minute as a smoker up until that moment, but nonetheless. Check!

2008- The year i resolved to figure school out. December 22nd, 2008 - Tuition paid in full. Check!

I procrastinate my new years resolutions, but I'll be damned if i haven't actually completed every last three years now that i have come to think of it... err... I guess two years since that first one was kind of a mockery. I have my health in control, i have great friends, greater family, and finally, after putting my life on pause for the last five years i have my future. What is left to resolve for 2009? What I've learned from the past three years is how great it feels to set a goal and finish it, no matter how long it takes.

So without further ado..

2009- I resolve to fully commit. The way i figure, resolutions are nothing short of commitments.

As a chronological experiment, for all of 2009 i will take one picture a day, whatver i feel the day entailed in terms of commitment, and will post to my blog. Should be interesting!

No comments: