Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Change Gonna come

I was born by the river in a little tent
Oh and just like the river I've been running ever since
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will
-Sam Cooke-

I can't say it any better than Sam Cooke's legendary lyrics. A change is gonna come. I've always sought a bit of solace in the unknown and unpredictable. Let me remind you of course that this is coming from the girl who decided to run away 500 plus miles with a boy she'd known for 2 months. CRAZY, i know (after the fact). Life doesn't get much more incredibly unpredictable than that.

The daunting thing is that finally, after 5 years, it feels like home here. We've made a tight circle of friends, know our way around, and have done good at exploring the endless possibilities of things to do around here. I know i will have to leave this all behind once i start my clinical training the summer of 2010. I guess 15% isn't entirely bad odds. That's the 15% chance i have of being placed in Minnesota. The other 85% odds have us ending up in Georgia or Alaska, or maybe Texas. I think about packing up and moving out and that excitement is back. I know i will never be able to survive far from family, but if I'm really doing something with my life and have purpose in it, i think that it would make it easier. I can't say now what things will work out to be, and i enjoy that. I enjoy not knowing again.

There've been times that I've thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long time coming
But I know a change is gonna come
-Sam Cooke-

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Seriously, you can get a job here - place yourself! :) There are so many options!!